The Josep Lluís Sert Council is a community of annual leadership donors who are committed to supporting the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, its students, and the future of design education. Sert Council members play an integral role in helping to advance the GSD’s preeminent status and provide essential funding to support our students, faculty, and degree programs.
Members are committed to supporting the GSD through annual leadership gifts.
Donors who support the Harvard Graduate School of Design with annual leadership gifts are recognized through the Josep Lluís Sert Council. There are four different levels of giving:
- Associate (annual contributors of $1,000 to $4,999 and adjusted levels for recent graduates)
- Partner (annual contributors of $5,000-$9,999)
- Principal (annual contributors of $10,000 or $24,999)
- Dean’s Circle (annual contributors of $25,000 or more)
Develop a stronger relationship with the GSD.
In recognition of their annual leadership support, members are invited to attend exclusive events, receive publications andcommunications, participate in special opportunities and are acknowledged in the annual Giving report.
Sert Council Associate:
- Invited to Sert Council events throughout the year.
- Recognized in the annual Giving report.
- Listed on the donor wall in Gund Hall.
Sert Council Partner:
- All of the above, plus
- Receive complimentary GSD publications.
- Invited to participate in additional event opportunities.
Sert Council Principal:
- All of the above, plus
- Receive a unique gift.
- All of the above, plus additional special opportunities.
Sert Council members provide the GSD with immediate-use support.
Members of the Josep Lluís Sert Council provide the School with immediate-use support, enabling the School to attract the most ambitious and talented design students while developing an environment where faculty bring innovation to their teaching and research.
Annual Giving opportunities include:
- GSD Fund for Financial Aid
- A Degree Program Fund (MArch, MLA, MAUD, MDes, MUP)
- Dean’s Innovation Fund
- Dean’s Fund for Real Estate
- The Frances Loeb Library
There are additional opportunities for supporting the GSD and joining the Sert Council. To learn more, please contact Courtney Ward, Associate Director of Leadership Gifts: email@example.com.
Join fellow Sert Council members at events throughout the year.
Members of the Josep Lluís Sert Council are invited to a series of exclusive events throughout the year that provide opportunities to tour the latest projects and sites, as well as participate in thought-provoking industry conversation. Past events include:
- A panel discussion focused on the Master in Design Engineering (MDE) program at the Autodesk Gallery in San Francisco featuring remarks by Martin Bechthold DDes ’01 and Fawwaz Habbal, Co-Directors of the Master in Design Engineering Program.
- Sert Council members were invited to an exclusive tour of the The Bauhaus and Harvard exhibition at the Harvard Art Museums, led by curators with welcoming remarks by K. Michael Hays.
- While students were in Los Angeles as part of the Future of Streets option studio travel, alumni and donors gathered for a reception and panel conversation at Rios Clementi Hale Studios.
- A conversation in London with Sir John Sorrell and Hanif Kara about the London Design Festival and the recent GSD option studio “Making London”.
- GSD Chair of Landscape Architecture Anita Berrizbeitia MLA ’87 and Commission of Fine Arts Secretary Thomas Luebke MArch ’91 about the work of the Commission of Fine Arts in Washington DC.
- An exhibition tour and reception at Friedman Benda in New York where curators shared the inspiration behind their exhibitions.
About Josep Lluís Sert
Josep Lluís Sert, Dean of the Harvard University Graduate School of Design from 1953 to 1969, was a globally recognized architect and visionary leader whose unique perspective on cross-disciplinary training has become a hallmark of the School. Under his tenure, the GSD initiated the world’s first urban design degree, which continues to define the field on a global scale. The School is committed to building on Sert’s legacy by addressing complex issues around the world. The Josep Lluís Sert Council is an important component in fulfilling this ambitious goal.